I write various scripts for myself. You can access them all at https://github.com/thebombzen/scripts. Well, not all of them. But the ones I chose to publish.
- exsorttar - Sorts a directory tree by file extension to greatly improve the compression ratio. Spawned from this StackOverflow question.
- clipvideo - Uses ffmpeg to cut a video with a start and end timecode. Does most of the arithmetic and option setting for me. This is mostly for convenience - it is less powerful than ffmpeg itself but more convienient when trying to cut a video with just a start and end timecode. Wombo-combo with make-tumblr-gif.
- words - Gives several (N, for configurable N) random words from the small dictionary repeatedly (once per second).
- translate-ass - Translates an ASS subtitle file into English using the trans command, which is typically available from the repositories. trans uses Google Translate over the internet to do the translating by default.
- translate-mpv - A combination of translate-ass and mpv. It extracts the ass file, translates it, and then plays the translated file. Because translating takes a long time, it locally caches the translated file and does not remove it.
- make-tumblr-gif - This is the shell script precursor to TumblGIFifier. This takes a video file and automatically scales it down to a GIF between 1.9 and 2.0 MB, suitable for use on Tumblr, which has a 2.0 MB limit on GIF size. I used to use it to create GIFs on theblogzen, my personal anime tumblr. Wombo-combo with clipvideo.